After you log in to your DSP, you want to create your first campaign and start bidding.
In order to make this possible, please follow these steps:
- Create a Campaign.
- Set its Targeting.
- Create at least one Creative.
- Create an SSP endpoint.
- Connect your campaign to this SSP endpoint.
- Provide the SSP endpoint URL to your SSP partner.
Let's take a closer look at each step.
Our first step is to create the campaign.
Choose the "Campaigns" option on the left sidebar menu.
On the Campaigns tab press the Create new campaign button.
Set your campaign name.
Please set these Basic Settings to move forward:
- The bid price for this campaign - the price you want to pay for banners from this campaign.
- Pricing model - CPM (cost per mile) / CPC (cost per click).
- Auction type - First price and/or Second price.
Press the NEXT button to continue the setup.
By default, your new Campaign has no targeting preferences and will participate in all the available auctions after creation. But this is not the best practice, if you want to reach your audience and get higher conversions.
Let's imagine you want to show your ad only to users from the US and only with desktop devices.
Targeting Options tab will help you to configure your Campaign for these requirements.
You can access this tab via the Next button at the bottom of the Basic Settings tab or by pressing the Targeting Options on the right side, under your user name.
- Press the Select Geo Position button, choose a country from the dropdown menu and press the Include button to add the specific country as a targeting option for this campaign.
- Specify the device type by the appropriate checkbox: Desktop in our case.
Now you can press the SAVE button
Our next step is to set up at least one Creative to be displayed.
When all campaign settings is done you can press the SAVE button and you will be automatically redirected to the creative type choosing tab.
For example, you want to serve a simple Banner creative:
- Click on the icon of the creative type you need: in this case, BANNER.
- Fill the creative name field.
- Add your creative using the option Upload Creative in the Ad Markup section. You can choose a file from your computer or simply drag a file into the respective field.
- Press the Upload button after choosing the creative.
Creative parameters Width and Height will be filled automatically after uploading.
- Add the Target URL — the URL where this creative will be redirecting the user after click.
- Press the SAVE button.
Our next step is to create an endpoint to provide your SSP partner with a link which they will use to send traffic to you.
You can do it via the SSP Endpoint manager tab in the Admin option on the left sidebar menu.
- Press Manage SSPs button.
- In the following tab press the Create new SSP button to add your SSP partner to the platform. Fill its name and press the Save button.
- Go back to the SSP Endpoint manager tab and press Create new endpoint.
- Fill all the required fields like name, SSP partner from the dropdown list, Open RTB protocol version for this endpoint, and notification type.
- Press the Save button.
After saving the endpoint, platform will generate an Endpoint URL that needed to be provided to your SSP partner.
The last step of our setup is connecting an SSP endpoint to the campaign. To do so:
- Move back to your campaign.
- Open the Targeting Options tab.
- Press on the Select traffic source button.
- Find created endpoint in the list, press the Allow button and then OK button.
- Save the campaign after adding an endpoint.
Now your campaign is ready to bid.
And not forget to provide your SSP partner with the endpoint URL.
Watch the 3-min overview of the new Campaign setup in a video version:
Updated about 1 month ago